- A BIT ABOUT US
Sure we have a mission/vision (look down), but there’s more to us than a set of formal words. We’re a bunch of individuals who share an interest – an affinity – for instructional design. In this shared interest, and courtesy of a project borne out of the Paul R. MacPherson Institute for Leadership, Innovation and Excellence in Teaching at McMaster University and supported through funding from eCampusOntario, several design dynamos came together to form a working group.
We shared experiences and challenges around ID work, and in getting this group off the ground, recognized the power of collaboration and professional learning networks. It is our hope that while we’ve gathered together a strategic pathway strewn with benefits and opportunities for IDIG members, that it is our own members that will drive the days ahead. Between Slack, Twitter, blog postings, podcasts and our annual networking event, we have lots of modes of communicating and welcome contributions from any of you, at any time. See more in our Connect section.
Our current working group members are:
- Mariam Ahmed, Ryerson University
- Kayode Arowolo, Northern College
- Ian Craine, George Brown College
- Brian Gould, Mohawk College
- Joanne Kehoe, McMaster University (Co-Chair)
- Nada Savicevic, Ryerson University
- Jennifer Smith, Conestoga College
- Eric Tremblay, Queen’s University
- Greg Van Gastel, McMaster University (Co-Chair)
To work within the aims and structure of eCampusOntario to facilitate the advancement and evolution of instructional design as a field of practice within Ontario through communications, networking, collaboration, professional development opportunities and advocacy strategies.
To provide an open and collegial environment for instructional designers working in colleges and universities across the province to connect with each other and share best practices, ideas and meaningful information about instructional design.
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- A Look Back for the Future: OEO & TESS
- Instructional Designer Soft Skills
- Interactive Remixing of an Open Textbook
- Connecting My Design Dots: Design Thinking for Instructional Designers
- Is Everyone An Instructional Designer?
- Inspiration and Intention – Life and Work “After #digped
- Creating Meaningful Faculty Development
- The Ghost of Questions Not Asked
- 25¢ worth for the 9x9x25
- A Day of IDIG’ing Together
- The Real Deal on Virtual and Augmented Reality in 2018
- 5 Tips for Establishing a Rapport with Faculty